Cloud migration is a method of transferring data in various forms from one location to another. Typically, this involves migration of all your data -- including email, applications, file server and other data -- from your onsite servers or other hosted environment over to our data centers.
Migrating your resources to the cloud is one of the first and most important steps in successfully growing your business and achieving the benefits of cost reduction, flexibility, and scalability. LanTech’s expert technicians take cloud migration planning seriously, and we put all our efforts in ensuring a seamless transition of your data to the cloud with zero downtime. Over the years, we have developed a comprehensive cloud migration strategy that can be customized to fit our clients’ specific requirements and business goals.
How It Works
We audit and evaluate your current infrastructure and make migration recommendations based on your target parameters.
We design the most agile, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure, select the best cloud services and technologies for your project and plan all implementation procedures.
Once we receive your approval, we transfer your data to AWS and perform thorough tests to ensure everything works seamlessly.
Our Migration Methodology
- Strategy and roadmap - to facilitate decisions such as how your company can benefit from the cloud and which applications are most suitable for your cloud servers.
- Infrastructure audit - to assess your current infrastructure and compare it to industry best practices.
- Architecture design - to gather cloud requirements, create logical network diagrams and cloud architecture documents.
- Automation - with cutting-edge cloud technologies including deep automation with Amazon CloudFormation, Chef, and Docker.
- Deployment - of the new cloud production, staging, and testing environments.
- Testing - of all functionality at scale and high load.
- Cutover - from the old infrastructure/app to the new cloud deployment including complete data migration and low downtime.
- Full documentation - of your new cloud infrastructure to get your team up to speed faster.
Migration Audit Tools We Use
- AWS Database Migration Service - to minimize or eliminate downtime to applications that rely on your existing database.
- AWS Server Migration Service - to speed up lift and shift type migrations.
- AWS Import/Export Snowball - to address challenges with large data transfers that result in high network costs, long transfer times, and security concerns.
- NMAP tools for Network Discovery - to collect data about active hosts on networks and services running on ports.
- AWS Application Discovery Service - to quickly and reliably plan application migration projects by automatically identifying applications running in on-premises data centers, their associated dependencies, and their performance profile.
- Custom Scripts tools - to gather server, service and software information.